August 16, 2010

12 New Things

Like a Warm Cup of Coffee

One of my favorite blogs is Like a Warm Cup of Coffee, and Sarah Mae recently posted a 12 New Things challenge, and I love the idea! I'm not finished thinking over what I would like to learn and when, but this is what I have started with:

1. August-Sew a proper quilt...I have started this with my daughters, two doll quilts.  I am mostly making my younger daughter's, and my older daughter is learning some hand sewing and machine sewing while making hers with me.
2. French Braid hair
3. September- Make a more complex dress for daughter. I have made a very simple summer dress only, and now I want to make a fall dress...sleeves and all!
4. Bible Poem Book for children. I have about ten poems taken from scriptures, and would like to write enough to print in a family photo book.
5. October- Fall gardening...leeks for sure, I love potato leek soup! Some lettuce, carrots....
6. Take better pictures
7. December - Having three children- I am expecting!
8. Make healthier desserts
9. Make fluffy, flaky, Claim Jumper style biscuits.  Mmmm, I can just picture fresh peaches and cream over them.  I have a recipe to try here:  http://blog.kitchenmage.com/2008/01/simple-flaky-bi.html
10. Make artisan style bread. I have been making homemade, all-by-hand bread for awhile now. My favorite is a buttermilk-oat-honey bread. 
11. Improve my finance management skills...put into practice some of the principles in Your Money or Your Life, by Joe Dominguez

Being that I am the type to have 7 tabs up at one time on the computer, 3 baking projects at the same time in the kitchen, 4 cards to make at one time...I imagine I will be working on more than one of these at a time!
If you want to join in, create your list and link it up over at Sarah Mae's blog!

5 comments:

Sarah Mae said...

Thank you so much for joining in - your blog is so lovely and inviting!

I look forward to your monthly 12 Things posts! :)

Jen said...

Thanks! I hope you come back again!

Noellen said...

I like the new layout! And your 12 things all sound inspiring! I'd love to help with the French braiding. BTW - how did you get your title centered?!

Keri said...

thank you so much for the lamb recipes! French Braiding would be so much fun to learn too :D Have a wonderful day!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! I would love to do this, as I feel sometime I have too much I want to do and accomplish! lol Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs