|Like a Warm Cup of Coffee|
One of my favorite blogs is Like a Warm Cup of Coffee, and Sarah Mae recently posted a 12 New Things challenge, and I love the idea! I'm not finished thinking over what I would like to learn and when, but this is what I have started with:
1. August-Sew a proper quilt...I have started this with my daughters, two doll quilts. I am mostly making my younger daughter's, and my older daughter is learning some hand sewing and machine sewing while making hers with me.
2. French Braid hair
3. September- Make a more complex dress for daughter. I have made a very simple summer dress only, and now I want to make a fall dress...sleeves and all!
4. Bible Poem Book for children. I have about ten poems taken from scriptures, and would like to write enough to print in a family photo book.
5. October- Fall gardening...leeks for sure, I love potato leek soup! Some lettuce, carrots....
6. Take better pictures
7. December - Having three children- I am expecting!
8. Make healthier desserts
9. Make fluffy, flaky, Claim Jumper style biscuits. Mmmm, I can just picture fresh peaches and cream over them. I have a recipe to try here: http://blog.kitchenmage.com/2008/01/simple-flaky-bi.html
10. Make artisan style bread. I have been making homemade, all-by-hand bread for awhile now. My favorite is a buttermilk-oat-honey bread.
11. Improve my finance management skills...put into practice some of the principles in Your Money or Your Life, by Joe Dominguez
Being that I am the type to have 7 tabs up at one time on the computer, 3 baking projects at the same time in the kitchen, 4 cards to make at one time...I imagine I will be working on more than one of these at a time!
If you want to join in, create your list and link it up over at Sarah Mae's blog!