August 26, 2010

12 New Things- Doll Quilt

Like a Warm Cup of Coffee

A few posts back I linked up with Sarah Mae's Like a Warm Cup of Coffee, 12 New Things Challenge.  My challenge of choice for August was to sew a proper quilt...beginning small with a doll quilt. I am not yet finished, as all last week I had workers at my house, and after that my sister abducted my sewing machine! (And she still has it, ahem, ahem, sister!)  Not to mention, one of the quilts is a teaching effort with my older daughter.  Nonetheless, progress has been made, and they look like this....
This one just needs the actual quilting sewing. I made the whole back portion come around and be the binding...I won't be doing that with the other, it isn't quite the right thing to do.
The other my daughter and I are working on together, some blocks she is hand sewing together, and some machine. This one still needs lots of work...
I am enjoying this project and will post my updates along with my September 12 Things!
Click here for my list of 12 New Things.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Quite impressive work - I need to learn how to sew!

Traci Michele said...

beautiful!

Kristen said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to see updated pictures next month!

Noellen said...

Beautiful quilts! My apologies on the delay with the sewing machine...I am working fast and furious now!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs