September 28, 2010

A Simple Fall Craft & A Great Blog


Here's a little art project we did last week when the weather felt like fall...this week it feels like summer in the desert. :-(

My daughter watercolored the background, we added foodcoloring to some rice for grass, glued on cotton ball clouds, and glued on a variety of colored punched leaves.  The kids really liked this craft.  Today, we are going to do the sheep we found on Just Next Door.

I love all the blog homeschool resources that are out there! I just recently discovered Confessions of a Homeschooler, and it is amazing!! There is enough valuable resources on that one site to keep you busy for a long time.  It is hard to believe the creativity and organization that one person can have! Check it out if you get a chance!

Linking up to



Also Linking up to Red Ted Art's Blog for Kids Get Crafty!
And, Linking up to Homeschool Creations Preschool Corner.

11 comments:

Noellen said...

What a creative project! I think my son would probably be still too little to handle the rice, but I'll keep the project in mind for next fall!

Jen said...

Angelina,
You said it fine, and I'm glad you pointed it out! We all need reminders to think of more than ourselves. :-)

RedTedArt said...

Oh how sweet! I love all the different mediums you used! Watercolours, the rice is awesome and cotton wool clouds and hole punch leaves... you must have had so much fun!!

Thank you for linking up to Kids Get Crafy!! Much appreciated!

Maggy

Ruthie said...

That turned out beautiful! I love the idea of using colored rice for grass, we'll have to try it.

Confessions Of A Homeschooler said...

Love the rice idea, excellent! We'll have to try this, thanks for linking up!

Shelby said...

Found your blog from the confession of a homeschool link up. new follower. you can stop by ours at http://conkklan5.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Just stopping by and following you now...found you through: Just Next Door. I love your sweet/peaceful blog and can not wait to read more! Hope you'll stop by some time

Brandi said...

That is just so cute, what a great idea to add the rice! So fun! I am going to be borrowing this idea next week for my preschool class! :)

amandab said...

I love all the different elements you've used in creating this picture, just lovely! :)

Melissa N. said...

Hi, I am a new follower...love this idea with the leaves and the tree. I am thinking we will need to do something like this also! Great idea. Enjoy your weekend!

Becca Ross said...

What a cute project! I may have to try this with my kindergarteners! Thanks for linking up to Home and Family Friday.

Becca

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs