November 17, 2010

A Burst of Creativity- Embellished Headbands



Since my baby has decided to take it's time in making his or her arrival, I go from no energy to bursts of energy.  On one of my high energy days, I made these embellished headbands.  Some of the supplies I already had:  the headbands were just plain bands that I probably got from Walmart or Target.  I got the gold ribbon, the turquoise circles, and the gold scroll on the big brown headband from JoAnn's.  Some of the jewels I pulled off hairbands or haircombs that I never made use of. The gold and turquoise earring is from Pier One, and the gold and pearl earring is from Macy's.  I had a lot of fun making these, and made all four in an hour with just a hot glue gun! I'd guess that the four of these cost me $20, because of the earrings I bought.  I'll have to post a picture of my sister wearing one...I gave her two for her birthday, and she is always doing pretty braids in her hair.  







Linking up to: Toot Your Horn Tuesday at A Silly Little Sparrow;Show and Tell @ Blue Cricket Design; Hoo's Got Talent at Night Owl Crafting; Get Your Craft On at Today's Creative Blog; Under $100 at Beyond the Picket Fence; Transformation Thursdays at The Shabby Chic Cottage; Strut Your Stuff Thursdays at Somewhat Simple; Show Off Your Stuff at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Show and Tell at ABC & 123;Pinkapotamus PartyWhatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts;

10 comments:

Jill said...

These are beautiful! I love the one with the blue!

Unknown said...

These are soo elegant and sophisticated! Love the brown and green ones especially! Hope you link these up to my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2010/11/pink-hippo-party-3.html

allisamazing said...

They are beautiful and so creative. What a wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing. ~Alana~

hjn said...

Beautiful! Just beautiful! I am now following your blog! It is awesome! Have a blessed day!
Come over to my blog and see the video I posted of a sweet baby girl telling the story of Jonah.....I think you will like it after reading your blog!
I'll be back!
Mama Holli

Tracey said...

What creativity! Love how these turned out!

kiki comin said...

love that turquoise one! beautiful!

Noellen said...

These were a lovely birthday gift! :) So creative and beautiful...I love the turquoise one the best! I'll have to come up with a new creative hairstyle to show them off with.

Leah said...

Oh how beautiful! I'll be excited when my daughter will actually keep something like that in her beautiful hair!

Amie {Kitty Cats and Airplanes} said...

Beautiful! You've got such an eye for the elegant and gorgeous in life!
Amie @ http://kittycatsandairplanes.blogspot.com

Pioneer Beauty said...

Congratulations on your New Baby Boy...I was actually just thinking about you the other day...and was wondering if you had your baby..Well no need to wonder anymore.. : )

I do pray that all is well and you are getting plenty of rest..
looking forward to hearing from you when you have the time..

Enjoy your Sweet Little one..
In Christ
Angelina

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs