May 31, 2011

Peaches on a Cloud Muffins


A few years ago, I entered these fresh peach and cream cheese muffins into a cupcakes and muffins contest at my local fair.  They were inspired by these berry cheesecake muffins from Taste of Home.  I experimented several times to get just the right moisture and flavor for some winning muffins, then took them warm to the fair.  My hard work paid off, and I won first place in the muffin category, and best overall in four cupcake and muffin categories!
This is an original recipe of mine, so if you re-post this, please credit me!

Ingredients:
1/3 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
¼ tsp. almond extract
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon peach gelatin powder
1/3 cup milk
¾ cup peeled, chopped fresh peaches

FILLING:
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
¼ teaspoon almond extract
¾ cup peeled, chopped fresh peaches

STREUSEL TOPPING:
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Directions:
In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add almond and vanilla extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and peach gelatin powder; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Gently fold in the chopped peaches. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-third full.
    For filling, in a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, egg and almond extract until smooth. Fold in the chopped peaches. Place a tablespoonful on top of each muffin. For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over muffin batter.
    Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Best served warm.
Yield: 18 muffins

Linking up to All the Small Stuff- Tuesdays at the Table.
Sugar Bananas! Sweets This Week 
A Southern Fairytale- Mouthwatering Mondays 
Sweetology Tea Party Tuesday 
Balancing Beauty & Bedlam-Tasty Tuesday Parade of Foods 
Blessed with Grace-Tempt My Tummy Tuesday 






It's a Keeper

11 comments:

Noellen said...

Mmm...and oh so delicious they were!

cheryl@Notesfromthecrystalstairs said...

You had me at peaches!

Trish - Sweetology101 said...

Wow...these look great. I am so glad you posted them on my link up today as they would be GREAT for a spring/summer tea party.

Sarah @ Sugar Bananas! said...

What a great recipe. I can't wait to try this treat. Thanks for sharing with Sweets This Week.

Amanda-The Sweet Details said...

Hi! I'd love it if you came over and linked up to savory sunday! It's on until saturday night :)

http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/2011/05/savory-sunday.html

Katie @ This Chick Cooks said...

Those muffins sound absolutely delicious with the peaches and cream cheese. I can see why they might win a prize with those ingredients. I wanted to invite you over to share your muffin recipe today at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)

Amanda-The Sweet Details said...

Hey I host a blog hop and I'd LOVE if you came over and shared a recipe! Here's the link :) http://thesweetdetail.blogspot.com/search/label/Savory%20Sunday

i got a new blog url, just so you know :)

Alexandra said...

Peaches and cream cheese. Sounds fabulous to me! Thanks for linking up at Muffin Monday!

Shellsea said...

Those look amazing. I need to make them this week! :-) Thanks for posting.

D+B said...

Love your blog!! I am definitely going to be your new follower :) I would love it if you followed me to @ for-the-luv-of.blogspot.com that would be great :) I am just starting out, but I am excited to share new recipes, crafts, and makeup.. And Giving away giveaways on mineral make-up!

The Daily Smash said...

These look so yummy. Love your blog come and check out my blog

www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Have a great day

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs