October 12, 2010

Hearts for Home This Week


Last week, I joined in with Cherished Hearts at Home for the weekly Hearts for Home link up, and I'm joining in again.  First of all, I was pleased to accomplish much off last weeks list.  As you see above, I made my fudge--and ate it, too! It makes so much I was able to send that plateful to my husband's coworkers to enjoy.

About three out of five days, I got an early start...at the end of the week I lost motivation and energy...for those of you who don't know, I am quite far along in pregnancy.

We went to the pumpkin patch, see the pictures here.  It was a gray day, nice and cool, and since people thought it might rain that day, it was much less crowded. We had a lovely time.

We read and snuggled on the cloudy days, particularly Laura Ingalls' Little House in the Big Woods...which has to be the best snuggling book ever.  We were inspired to make pancake men...


And, lastly, we had our Daddy Day...emailed pictures of our pumpkin patch visit, called him several times, made him some loving cards...


This week, I want to:
  1. Take advantage of my "nesting" urge to organize the kitchen and kid's armoire.  We have already gone through all the children's clothes, and all our books...eliminating and decluttering.  It feels great.
  2. Make mini-books with the children...they enjoy looking through them for months afterwards.  My oldest wants to make one about owls today. She keeps saying Twoowhittoohoo!
  3. Really enjoy the family dynamics as they are right now, before the new baby changes things up.  I saw a comment about this by Gae (Cherished Hearts at Home), and I realized I have been wanting to hurry this pregnancy, and could make better use of it by appreciating the way things are now.
  4. Spend some good time in biblestudy...again, while things are still quiet.
I'm sure there is plenty more I need to do, but that is all I can think of right now...I hope you are having a great week too!

6 comments:

Noellen said...

Hmmm...I don't remember any fudge making it's way over here! ;)
Thanks for the inspiration to always be making our days and homes better.

allisamazing said...

Love the pancake man :) Your plans sound wonderful for the week. May you be truly blessed as you love your family. ~Alana~

Gae said...

Dear Jen,
Oh I love the results form last week. Those pancake men sre just too cute. I have never done this. I love the little house books.
That fudge looks so great, I love fudge too.
Our children love mini books too. They often (and even now) for Christmas write and illustrate books for their siblings and us
Many blessings and prayers this week
Gae

Gentle Heart Homestead said...

Hello Jen, Your fudge and pancakes look great! Snuggling with little ones and Little House stories would be so delightful-enjoy every minute! Have a wonderful week taking care of your home and family.. and yourself :-) blessings..Trish

Dorie said...

What a lovely week. I do hope you are able to get some rest and enjoy these quiet moments before the baby arrives.

Kathryn said...

I think I need to hear more about your Daddy day's. Is this something you plan on and the carry out each week or month? I bet "daddy" loves it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs