September 30, 2010

Fall Rain Fun and & Dollar Store Wreath Creation


We had an unexpected off-and-on rain shower today, with thunder, lightning, the whole works! It doesn't happen very often here, so it is a real treat. Of course, the kids had to go splash in the puddles...they loved that!  My oldest discovered that two of the kernels she had planted from a ear of corn we had grown have sprouted, in spite of very random waterings...


And we followed up our puddle play time with a warm cup of delicious hot cocoa and marshmallows, and a few candy corn besides.  :-)



Yesterday, I got around to making a wreath from a dollar store wreath, leaves, and flowers.  First, I painted it a brilliant red....


and then, hot glued on the flowers, leaves, and acorns. 



In the process, I got very low on glue, and so I stuck a pen behind the glue in the glue gun to push the remainder forward...I forgot to take the pen out before it cooled. No amount of pulling will get that pen out of  that glue gun now! ;-)

Linking up to Spotlight Yourself at It's So Very Cheri
Linking up to Get Your Craft On Thursday @ Life as Lori
Linking up to Home & Family Friday at Home is Where My Story Begins
Linking up to The Shabby Nest Frugal Friday

3 comments:

Pioneer Beauty said...

Your description of your weather makes it sound like were neighbors.. :) We had some unexpected rain and lighning today..Though it is still steamy outside...Sorry about the glue gun.. : )

Enjoy your weather today..

Kelley said...

I love the $store... a little glue, paint and you hve a fabulous wreath!

Terrell said...

you are just sooo creative!! Way to go, girly! It looks amazing and beautiful!! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and would love to have you as a friend at FrouFrou Decor! Be sure to link you your sweet creations every Friday at my party! Hope to see you there!!
Hugs,
~Terrell @ FrouFrou Decor~

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Design © 2011 Laura Jane Designs